TRENDING NOW

Hunky Bash Luks confesses love for Ang3lina

 


Bashir Lukonge, more commonly known as Bash Luks, is a Ugandan Singer-songwriter, Music Producer, Actor, Author of the book ‘Road To Success’ and Founder of the Record label called Lot Fire Records, where he serves as Chief Executive Officer (CEO) in Uganda. We managed to talk to him about life, music and career. Read on


𝗕𝗿𝗶𝗲𝗳𝗹𝘆 𝘁𝗲𝗹𝗹 𝘂𝘀 𝗮𝗯𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿𝘀𝗲𝗹𝗳?

Bashir Lukonge, more commonly known as Bash Luks, is a Ugandan Singer-songwriter, Music Producer, Actor, Author of the book 'Road To Success' and Founder of the Record label called Lot Fire Records, where he serves as Chief Executive Officer (CEO) in Uganda. Bash Luks was born to Isima Matovu a Business man and Rosemary Nannyonga - a Nursing Assistant. The last of two siblings grew up in Mubende District and raised in Kampala, Uganda. He has credits for film acting and appears in some Ugandan local Television series.

He attended a class of 2008 at Butega Church of Uganda Primary School Mityana for his primary level of Education, then progressed to St. Joseph's Secondary School Busega class of 2012, following that he attended Forest Peas High School Kikandwa in 2013 and St. Matia Mulumba Secondary School Kassanda class of 2014 for his secondary level of education.

𝗪𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝗱𝗶𝗱 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗺𝘂𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗰𝗮𝗺𝗲 𝗳𝗿𝗼𝗺?

Music has always been a great passion of mine, as I grew up with a family that adored it. We'd watch music videos of great artists, like Michael Jackson, Madoxx Ssemanda Sematimba and Lucky Dube, which really inspired me. Seeing other superstars like Bobi Wine, Eddy Kenzo, Chameleone and Bebe Cool break through also gave me hope that my own passion could be pursued and achieved.

𝗪𝗵𝗲𝗻 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝘀𝘁 𝘁𝗶𝗺𝗲 𝗶𝗻 𝘀𝘁𝘂𝗱𝗶𝗼?

On October 1st, 2022, I was busy working on my very first original song. And finally, it was released both locally and globally on music platforms on October 19th, 2022.

𝗔𝗻𝗱 𝘄𝗵𝗶𝗰𝗵 𝘀𝗼𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘄𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗼𝗻?

Nkubwamu (Feat. Jim Siizer).

'Nkubwamu’ is a Luganda/Ganda phrase translated to English, meaning ‘Getting High.' It is a Club starfire banger produced by BX On Da Beat at Lot Fire Records.

𝗛𝗼𝘄 𝗺𝘂𝗰𝗵 𝗺𝗼𝗻𝗲𝘆 𝗱𝗶𝗱 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗴𝗲𝘁 𝗳𝗿𝗼𝗺 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝘀𝘁 𝘀𝗼𝗻𝗴 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗿𝗲𝗹𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗲𝗱?

On online music platforms, I've been able to make more than 5,000,000 Ugandan Shillings (roughly $1344.33 USD) through my song "Nkubwamu (Feat. Jim Siizer)" since October 19th, 2022.

𝗪𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗱 𝗼𝗳 𝗺𝘂𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗴𝗲𝗻𝗿𝗲 𝗱𝗼 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗽𝗿𝗼𝗱𝘂𝗰𝗲?

My genre of music is often referred to as 'Afrobeats', 'Popular Music', and 'Dancehall', with some elements of reggae as well. I'm heavily influenced by the music I was raised listening to.

𝗔𝘀 𝗮𝗻 𝘂𝗽𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗮𝗿𝘁𝗶𝘀𝘁 𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗹𝗹𝗲𝗻𝗴𝗲𝘀 𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗳𝗮𝗰𝗲𝗱?

As an upcoming artist, the only challenge I face is the promotion aspect; however, this is becoming less of an issue as I take a proactive approach.

𝗪𝗵𝗶𝗰𝗵 𝗺𝗮𝗹𝗲 𝗺𝘂𝘀𝗶𝗰𝗶𝗮𝗻 𝗶𝗻𝘀𝗽𝗶𝗿𝗲𝘀 𝘆𝗼𝘂?

Ever since I began, I have been inspired by Madoxx Ssemanda Sematimba, Eddy Kenzo, Pallaso, Bobi Wine and the late, great Mowzey Radio. My list of influencers is quite long!

𝗪𝗵𝗶𝗰𝗵 𝗳𝗲𝗺𝗮𝗹𝗲 𝗺𝘂𝘀𝗶𝗰𝗶𝗮𝗻 𝗶𝗻 𝗨𝗴𝗮𝗻𝗱𝗮 𝗱𝗼 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗺𝗼𝘀𝘁 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘄𝗶𝘀𝗵 𝘁𝗼 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗸 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵?

OMG, I love Ang3lina, I never get tired of listening to her sweet melodies - my friends love them, too. They are incredible with their sound and vibe; I'm simply amazed!

𝗔𝗿𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗺𝗮𝗿𝗿𝗶𝗲𝗱, 𝗼𝗿 𝗱𝗼 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝗮𝗻𝘆 𝗰𝗵𝗶𝗹𝗱𝗿𝗲𝗻?

I haven't got married yet, but on March 3rd 2018, l was blessed with a gorgeous little baby girl into the world at Wakiso District Health Centre IV. We decided to name her Omaira Lukonge.

𝗪𝗵𝗲𝗻 𝘆𝗼𝘂'𝗿𝗲 𝗳𝗶𝗻𝗮𝗹𝗹𝘆 𝗮𝗺𝗼𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘁𝗼𝗽 𝗺𝗼𝘀𝘁 𝗺𝘂𝘀𝗶𝗰𝗶𝗮𝗻𝘀 𝗶𝗻 𝗨𝗴𝗮𝗻𝗱𝗮, 𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗱𝗼 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘄𝗮𝗻𝘁 𝘁𝗼 𝗯𝗲 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄𝗻 𝗳𝗼𝗿?

Uganda's most widely known musician, with a big number of fans, skyrocketed to fame with hit songs that goes viral on YouTube and other social media platforms and raked in millions of views. Winning several prestigious awards including a Grammy Award, BET Award, MAMA Award, Billboard Music Award, All African Music Awards, MTV Music Video Award and a host of other accolades.

𝗪𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗶𝘀 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝗻 𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗻𝗲𝘅𝘁 𝗳𝗶𝘃𝗲 𝘆𝗲𝗮𝗿𝘀?

In the next five years, my goal is to be an established artist. I have plenty of new projects in the works, but currently my singles 'Nkubwamu' featuring Jim Siizer and 'Magical', also featuring Jim Siizer, are both available in audio and visual formats. You can find them on my Official Artist YouTube Channel as well as other social media platforms.